Garmin Map Error
Garmin with its astounding GPS gadgets such as Nuvi, Zumo or Dezl has continuously been striving to make your lives much more comfortable by providing flawless navigation. Whether it’s related to the automotive, marine or the air, Garmin maps and GPS gadgets is always there to make your journey hassle-free. But in order to experience the optimum performance from your device, you must keep it updated.
What is Garmin Express?
Garmin Express is your one-shop stop for all the updates of your device. With the help of Garmin Express, you can easily download and install all the latest map and software updates. Garmin provides these frequent updates throughout the year to maintain the navigation accuracy. You can also contribute in this, by reporting any Garmin Map error that you encounter. These updates for the most GPS gadgets come in one of these two categories- Software and the Map updates.
Software updates, as the name itself indicates are related to the interface and the processing of your gadgets. Whereas, the map updates are related to the navigations and hence are huge in size. These updates are the most prone to errors because of their size. But thanks to the Garmin help team their support executives are categorized to handle any type of Garmin map concerns. Not only this, customers facing any Garmin complaints regarding their automotive or outdoor gadgets, can contact the Garmin Tech Support team to resolute every single issue at any time.
How to resolve various Garmin GPS map errors
Garmin GPS devices that are well known for their flawless navigations but still sometimes users may face some interruptions, especially with the maps. To avoid such interruptions the users must follow the adequate guidelines of their device’s user manual. Apart from that, here are some steps that are worth to try to avoid various Garmin GPS map errors:
- Ensure that there should not be an issue with the Garmin Express. It should always be updated to the latest version.
- The next thing to consider is the disk space. Since map updates require huge storage space, so you must ensure that you have the adequate disk space available for the update.
- Internet settings must be compatible with the Garmin Express. If you don’t know much about this, then take reference from the ISP (Internet Service Provider). Also, make sure the date and time settings should be accurate.
- If you use the public Wi-Fi connection, then the probability of Garmin Map error increases. So avoid using that. And if the device is connected wirelessly to the network, then ensure that the device is getting the good internet connectivity or the strong signal strength.
So these are the helping tips that work great for all sorts of Garmin GPS and Garmin map error issues. But still, if you’re unable to resolute the errors of your own, Garmin Help Experts are just a call away – 1-844-742-9742.
Garmin- Can’t Unlock Map Error Troubleshooting
Recently many users have reported that they’re facing this particular error – Can’t unlock the map. If you’re also one of these, then these troubleshooting steps are for you:
- Register your device online at MyGarmin.
- Trace your unlock codes.
- Pair your device to a computer.
- Create a file and name it as gmapprom.unl.
- Paste the unlock codes in this file, one to a line.
- Now put this file to the Garmin Folder and that’s it but make sure the software is up to date.
Apart from this solution, you can report the error to Garmin. For this contact the Garmin Support at 1-844-742-9742 (Toll-Free).