Believing the staggering rates of cities layout developments and global expansion users are supposed to keep their Garmin GPS gadget up-to-date with the latest version of maps to avoid cut off or interruption with any unwanted issue.
When it comes to GPS, Garmin Nuvi gadget sounds much familiar to us. In this post, we will guide you about how to update Garmin Nuvi with the latest and updated version of maps. If you are done trying everything or you are bored in reading the full post, then you can stop there and ask us for Garmin help by dialing a toll-free number 1-844-742-9742.
Prior to driving, you are supposed to upgrade the map of the Garmin Nuvi device to the latest version of technology so that you can get the current map updates timely without getting lost.
If you buy a map update, you can easily download it from Garmin Express. In addition, if you consider free maps, then you can make use of open source maps on Open Street Map. But before anything else, you must consult with our “solution partner of Garmin” team.
Get Latest Garmin Map Updates
You can purchase instant map updates from the official website of Garmin GPS. There are two ways to purchase so: one-time or lifetime. Once you go with the lifetime one, you will receive all subsequent map updates. Once you go with the one-time purchase, you will only receive the current map update. They are supposed to purchase the subsequent updates again.
On the other hand, you can update pre-loaded maps on your device only. For example, if you have a North American map loaded on your networking device, you will be unable to update the map of Europe. So, if you desire a map of another area, you are supposed to check out with our customer care desk.
Prior to purchasing a map update, you are supposed to log in to your “my Garmin” account first. If you wanna use a free map, then you can use the open source map on Open Street Map freely, safely, and securely.
Read the handy guide in order to find out how.
Step by step guide to map update:
- First of all, connect Garmin Nuvi to your computer or laptop (any) with a USB or an Ethernet cable. You can only upgrade the map by connecting a device (computer or laptop).
- Wait for sometime for the device to start.
- A progress bar will be appeared on the home screen to indicate that the device has successfully been started.
- Sign in to your account by signing in to the official website of Garmin. Make sure that you have a valid account. If not, then ask us for Garmin GPS support.
- As soon as you have logged in to the Garmin account, click on My Maps tab option. It will display the list of maps purchased by you.
- Now, from the drop-down menu under the Recent Buyable Maps section, select your device from the displayed device list.
- Install the “Garmin Communicator” plug-in, when prompted. It will convert the map on the website to the software on your device.
Note: You are supposed to use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari as the plug-in does not support Google Chrome.
Download, install and configure the Garmin Express. This will allow you to connect your computer/ laptop to Garmin Nuvi and to avoid new Garmin won’t turn on issues.
If you are facing Garmin map error, then you can register you Garmin complaints to our certified professionals on the toll-free number mentioned-above.
Complete the Installation of Map:
Note: In case, there is no automatic pop-up installation prompt, then you are supposed to go to interact with our certified technicians to download it in a hassle-free way.
- Now, register your device on Garmin Express. Update your map as well after registering your device.
- After that, in Garmin Express click on “Update” option.
- Next, click on “Show details” next to the map update and click on “Install” button. Here, you will need to accept the terms of the agreement before the installation process.
- Wait for a few minutes for the map to download and install. Once you have agreed to the to the terms and condition, the map will be downloaded automatically to Garmin Express and will be transferred to Nuvi safely. The whole process takes a couple of minutes.
- At last, close Garmin Express and unplug the device from the power source. Nuvi will reboot automatically and install the updated software to your device.
Well, dealing with the map updates is not an easy task, if you’re not a tech savvy. But not to worry as highly-qualified professionals are available all time – 24*7 to fix all the annoying and frustrating issues including Garmin touch screen not working.
Just get in touch with us and see all your problems are solved within a matter of minutes.